Episode #20 Summary:
Our next partner in the Milestone Mind Movement is StokeShare Founder Joel Cesare, who also triples as the Director of Sustainability for the City of Santa Monica, one of the world’s leading faces of sustainable building, as well as he is the Vice-Chair of the Surfrider Los Angeles Chapter.
Joel is an awesome dude, and someone I go way back with. He is courageous, determined and intelligent, and someone who is fearless in the face of status quo.
He holds his Masters in Environmental Science and Management from UC Santa Barbara, and is Living Future Accredited and LEED AP BD+C Certified, and was just recognized as a 2017 recipient of the BD+C '40 under 40' recipient.
His work makes sure that Santa Monica maintains its place as a global sustainable building leader, where Joel ensures its built environment continues to demonstrate international leadership in sustainable achievement.
Just as noble, Joel started StokeShare 3-years ago out of love of outdoors, and a passion to foster urban youth access to nature. StokeShare creates the ability for users to swap equipment, share local knowledge, make new friends and experience new things – but this is just where StokeShare gets started. We’re really excited to talk to Joel more about this platform.
Joel is an amazing guy, who is generous with his thoughts, and has so much to share around the notion of mindset and making a sustainable difference, with both of his respective organizations.
I think you’re really going to enjoy this week, and be sure to be on the look for future episodes just like this where we partner with amazingly authentic people and organizations who are striving to give their best to the world, everyday, making meaningful differences along the way.
- Did you always have a clear plan?
- What sense were you trusting to make this move and stick with it to where you are today, or (were you even go to that level), and do you recall moments of resistance/fear and how you pushed through them? What served as your energy to do so?
- What drove you to start StokeShare borrowing from your personal mission?
- Can you tell us more about the Watershed Project?
- There’s a common theme amongst our guests, and this has to do with the identity they embody, and often it’s not their functional role, but rather a figure in a bigger story than themselves. What does the notion of identity mean to you, and how important is it if you are driving a mission focused company? And, to creating an authentic mindset?
- As it pertains to mindset and leading a mission focused company, how important is it to have a healthy narrative, and what does this mean to you?
- For yourself, when you think ‘mindset’ what’s the first thing that comes to mind? How might you define it differently?
- What are some techniques, tools or practices, both adopted and inherent, do you use in your own life to foster a healthy mindset, one that allows you to authentically and successfully, live your life?
- What does inspiration mean to you, and who and what, outside of your family, has served as the greatest source of inspiration for you and why?
- What do you think is the biggest piece missing from the mindset conversation, today, and how might you suggest changing that?
- If you were to sum up mindset in one word, what would it be?
Quotes from the Episode:
"Mindset in one word: Present."
"I'm a huge advocate of this mindset: just take the first step."
"You don't have to see the whole staircase to take the first step." - MLK
"You gotta pay your dues."
"We act like Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays aren't available to better ourselves, when of course, they are."
"Everything you do has an impact downstream."
"Either you tried to do something cool and matters in life, or you become shadows and dust."
- StokeShare Watershed Project
- Surfrider L.A. Chapter
- LEED BD+C 40-under-40
- Bren School of Environmental Science and Management at UC Santa Barbara
- Lafayette College
- City of Santa Monica Office of Sustainability and the Environment
- City of Santa Monica Sustainable Master Plan
- Let My People Go Surfing
The Milestone Mind Movement partners with StokeShare and the StokeShare Watershed Initiative.
**30% of all of the proceeds gained through the Milestone Mind Institute's StokeShare page will go right back into both of these respective causes. We are so excited to be able to create these special partnerships that allow people to have a mindset they are proud of, while also supporting a meaningful cause at the same time.**
Click HERE now to gain access to the Milestone Mind Institute, while helping support StokeShare and the StokeShare Watershed Initiative, both helping people adventurous and exciting lives. Start your 30-Day Risk-Free Trial for just $27.
StokeShare's Milestone Mind Institute Reference Link: http://milestonemind.institute/?affcode=141446_wgi4hf9_
This week’s episode is brought to you by the Milestone Mind Movement: A partnership between the Milestone Mind Institute, and causes we’ve partnered with that you will decide matters most to you. We are teaming up with exceptional organizations that through purchasing access to the Milestone Mind Institute, 30% of the overall profits will be redirected right back into a cause. You can learn more about the Milestone Mind Movement at http://www.milestonemind.com/movement, where you can discover the different initiatives and purchase access to the Milestone Mind Online Platform while supporting a mission that means the most to you.
The Milestone Mind Institute is an online mindset training platform that aims to give you an effective framework to self-explore, define a new narrative, and develop the confidence and clarity to embark on this new chapter of your new story.
Visit the Milestone Mind Institute today and discover THE 5-MILESTONE BLUEPRINT THAT IS HELPING ELITE PERFORMERS DEVELOP AUTHENTIC PERSONAL NARRATIVES, and now with the Milestone Mind Movement, allowing them to also have a direct impact towards a meaningful cause, all of this ultimately helping them create a mindset they can be proud of. Be sure to also use the coupon code JOURNEY at checkout to save 10% on the program, today.
You can learn more about the Milestone Mind Movement HERE, where you can discover the different initiatives we are partnering with and purchase access to the Milestone Mind Online Platform, supporting a mission that means the most to you at the same time.
If there is a cause or a mission that aligns well with Milestone Mind Movement, and that we should engage a partnership with – we’d love to hear about it. Just send an email to Dave@milestonemind.com.
Also, be on the look for our Milestone Mind Men’s Trip to Costa Rica in April 2018 – you can learn more at http://www.milestonemind.com/costarica to stay up to date on what we’re putting together there.
And, if you’re a dude in the Boston Area, join us this Sunday, and every Sunday, rain, snow or shine, at 9a at Blue Hills Ski Reservation in Canton, Ma where we get like-minded men together to run up to the summit of the mountain. Moderate conditioning required, however, this is a more casual and fun event, and its free, so be sure to join us. We start at 9a, and finish at 10a. It’s a great way to participate in a shared challenge, with new guys, forging new bonds, and ultimately creating new friendships.
Lastly, to stay up to date on all that we are doing at Milestone Mind, be sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter where we publish each podcast, provide our listeners free e-books, and post new free events that you can join us at. Just head to MilestoneMind.com, download one of our free e-books on the homepage, and you will be rockin’ and rollin'.
Here we go - enjoy this week's Episode with Joel Cesare, StokeShare Co-Founder and Director of Sustainable Building for the City of Santa Monica, CA
> > This week, 30% of the milestone mind institute's proceeds will be going to support stokeshare and the stokeshare watershed initiative. Click image below to begin.
Have a focused mindset you are proud of, while also supporting a meaningful cause at the same time.
SAVE AN ADDITIONAL 10% by apply coupon code JOURNEY at checkout.
START YOUR 30-DAY RISK-FREE TRIAL TODAY FOR JUST $37. > >